OKAY! OKAY! I am giving in!
I have told many people I would not use the word Y'ALL (I guess it is a word). I have even told some new friends here in Texas how silly it sounds and how I feel kind of weird using it. I think wired is nice word to use, however I could have inserted other words to describe how I feel.
Anyway, I will now be using the word Y'all as I have accidently used it a couple of times and now will not be trying to refrain.
PEACE...Y'ALL
Lance
Apa Yang Dimaksud Dengan Kekerasan
-
Jawaban: kekerasan merupakan tindakan agresi dan pelanggaran (penyiksaan,
pemukulan, pemerkosaan, dan lain-lain) yang menyebabkan atau dimaksudkan
untuk ...
2 years ago
6 comments:
its a good word! i have been using it for years.
I say embrace the cultural that you live in! I say stuff like 'eh', pronounce decal 'deckle' and have succumbed to saying 'zed' for the letter 'z' all the time up here in Canada. Why not? Now when you travel people will find your accent intriguing. You are officially multi-cultural as of this moment - how does it feel?
Even Paul came close to using Y'all. (Romans 15:33)
I think it's a good thing. It means you are starting to feel at home in your new state. I remember when I started to say Pop instead of Soda It was a big deal but now I'm back to Soda again.
Just tell everyone that you are from Puy'allup, Wa.
When Jim and I lived in Texas we picked up the lingo but it faded fast upon return - just like our tans.
Post a Comment