Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow in Texas (again!???)



I thought the good thing about Texas was that it is warmer here! Right now, as I am typing I see that our highs for the next 3 days are lower than Puyallup's highs. What is with it? My feet are cold and my hands are colder. Anyway, we woke up to 1/8th of an inch (gasp!) of snow and ice. Maybe we shouldn't have given away our snow shovel. The whole world stopped here in Texas. Every school is closed, as well as the pediatrician I tried to call and make an appointment with for Leslie's 18 month check up. Our church activities are also cancelled tonight. The roads have been pretty bad though. I heard on the news that they are running out of sand and salt south of Dallas. So unless we get some better temps soon, we are going to be freezing for a long time. Not to mention stuck in our house!
So we made a snowman. Don't laugh, we did our best.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the snowman!! And that playhouse looks so cool-- what a perfect thing for a snowy day!

adriene said...

Isn't this weather crazy? We would have snow here too if it would have rained. But we haven't seen a drop since before Christmas. Looks like our poor lawn will just have to be frozen this winter and a fire hazord this summer.

Katie said...

I guess the snowman looks a little mad. :-(

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Now you can understand first hand, how we had to adjust to Washington closing schools so often, coming from the Midwest. Of course, we can't stand the heat y'all get down there.

Mr. Iverson said...

Nicely shaped snowman. Did Lance help with this?

Katie said...

So I didn't take art in High school, I was in choir.
The truth is that every time I tried to fix the thing, it would fall apart. Not real good packing snow.

Anonymous said...

Don't everything is bigger in Texas!

Anonymous said...

I mean - not everyting is bigger in Texas!