OK, so I know that it has been a really long time since our last post. But we have been busy! For the last 10 days, we have had guests in our home. Grammie and Papa Jim came to visit! It was lots of fun! Unfortunately, the weather was frigid the whole time they were here. And of course, today it hit 70.
So since the weather was not cooperating we tried to find some indoor activities. We visited the local malls and played in their play areas. We also went to an indoor play area one afternoon where Lindsay and Leslie had the entire place to themselves!! Much to their joy and a picture-taking Grammie's. We did get a chance to go to the park in our neighborhood two times while Grammie and Papa were here, but we were pretty bundled.
One of the highlights for the girls was a valentines present from Papa and Grammie in the form of a play kitchen. They are in heaven with that thing. Both girls love to make various concoctions. I can't tell you what they are because often Lindsay will use made up words to describe what she has made. Leslie will just pass out plates and say dee-doo (thankyou) as she hands them to you. Lelsie loves to serve water that she gets from the kitchen's sink. Lindsay discovered that she can combine her new kitchen with her stage and become Rachel Ray. She spent an evening while Lance and I went on a date (what's a date??) playing Rachel Ray while Papa Jim played cameraman. We will try to post some of the video, but Lance is going to have to do that because I don't know how.
Leslie also learned some new words while Grammie and Papa Jim were here. She learned how to say Pampa and she says Grammie but it sounds a little more like Bobby. The best thing though is that she loves to say "oh man!" The girls have been a bit spoiled with all of the personal attention this week. I am going to miss having someone there to watch the girls and play with them all the time. (Don't get me wrong, I love to do that too, but then my house would never be clean if I did that all the time!)
This weekend when the weather got a little better we went to Dallas to see Dealey plaza and then we did some shopping at Southlake (a fun little place you will have see if you visit us), we ended the day with a dinner at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Mmmmm).
Anyway, we had a great visit and wished that we could get on the plane with them when they left. We miss them already! They left with a picture that Lindsay made them. It was Grammie and Papa walking on the plane. It was a very good picture and I know that Grammie and Papa will put it in a special place at home.
As a side note- we heard that our friend Rich Durost was going to be landing in Dallas today (on his way to Kuwait, then Iraq) too and then we found out that his plane was the plane that my parents were leaving on so we got passes to go to the gate and got to see Rich for a little bit of time. It was short but sweet.
Would you say that is pure joy on her face??
Lindsay on a calf at Southlake.
Leslie getting a ride at the playhouse.
Lindsay and Leslie finding other things to do with their bowls
4 comments:
It's about stinking time!
Thank you.
Auntie Heidi
Looks like you had a wonderful time with your parents! Sorry about the sinky weather. Isn't funny how as little girls we love to play kitchen and then as we grow up and have a really kitchen we'd rather eat out!:)
I thought the same thing! I don't know how to spell yammaca though. I am sure that is wrong, and I am too lazy for spellcheck.
I agree. I also thought it looked like Papa Jim was wearing a yamaka.
Post a Comment