I wanted to post these pics a long time ago but better late than never!
We had fun at Relay again this year. Personally, I was able to raise $200.00 for the American Cancer Society. The entire event raised more than 2 million!!
The theme for our tent was Du Wop Bop out Cancer and we wore poodle skirts! If you've never been to a Relay for Life event you need to check one out in your area. They are fun, inspirational, reflective and therapeutic. Every year there is a moment that just gets you. This year, it was when I was walking with my friends during the luminaries part of the relay, talking about nothing important, when we came across two people in purple survivor shirts sobbing and holding each other over a particular luminary. It's hard to even think about without getting tears in my eyes.
Anyway, here is some of the fun we had:
No comments:
Post a Comment