Cancer is a word that my sister and I grew up with. Our mother dealt with Cancer when we were 1 and 3. She had Hodgkins and fought it and won. Some of my earliest memories are of her fight. But never in my mind did I ever think that we would have to face the monster again. Until last Wednesday, when mom went in to a doctor appointment to finally get someone to check out the pain she has been dealing with for over 6 months. By that afternoon, we were checking her into the hospital, and being told that she may be sick again with a new cancer. The doctor said he was 98% sure and he said this fighting his own tears. He was the same doctor who had told a young mom over 30 years ago that she had the very treatable Hodgkins. But this time, the news is not as encouraging. He suspected that she had Multiple Myeloma. We had to wait until late Friday to hear from the Oncologist that it was in fact, Multiple Myeloma. This cancer is treatable, but not curable. It will be something that she has to fight for the rest of her life. And, eventually, it could claim it.
At this point, we are waiting for information on a chromosome test that they had to run. It will determine just how likely the treatment is to actually work. That will affect the possible prognosis. Mom is recieving Chemo. The type of Chemo that they are giving her is not supposed to cause her to lose her hair. She is still in the hospital this morning, and is expected to come home today.
She has a long road ahead of her. But I take comfort in knowing that God is in control of this and all situations. And everything happens for His glory. It doesn't seem fair that he allowed this to happen to Mom for a second time in her life, and that she and dad have this tough road ahead of them. But our bodies are imperfect, temporary, and bound to this earth. We aren't getting out of here without pain. There is something good that will come out of this- though it is hard to imagine- I dare to believe that there is a reason for all this suffering, though I may never know what that is. This song has been an encouragement for me in the last week. It is called "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIhoI7qQ_Sc
Apa Yang Dimaksud Dengan Kekerasan
-
Jawaban: kekerasan merupakan tindakan agresi dan pelanggaran (penyiksaan,
pemukulan, pemerkosaan, dan lain-lain) yang menyebabkan atau dimaksudkan
untuk ...
1 year ago
8 comments:
Well put Katie, the only thing is that Mom said it was 30yrs last Feb that she was diagnosed with Lymphoma, that would put our ages at 1 & 3. If we were 4 & 6 that would make us 34 & 36 and we're not that old! :)
Ok I will fix it
Katie,
I cannot imagine how you are feeling right now. Please know I am praying for you and your sister. I am praying specifically for your mom's strength as she enters chemo treatment and that she tolerates it well with little side effects. Also praying for the effectiveness of the chemo and any other treatments and praying that the doctors have clarity on the right path to choose for your mom.
Love you friend.....here when you need me.
Jennifer
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about this diagnosis, but I am glad you at least know what it is. I will be praying that the doctors develop a clear plan of treatment. I'll also pray for your parents as they go down this road...for physical, emotional, and spiritual strength. I will also be praying for you...I know it won't be easy for you to come back to Texas and be here so far from the rest of your family. I pray that you will be surrounded by love and comfort, and that we (your church family) will be a source of strength for you and your family.
Please give me a call if you need anything when you get back.
-Carmen
Oh, that totally bites!! Why can't we all go out like grandpa did. Have a long full life. Sitting in our favorite chair eating our favorite slice of pie, while watching our favorite round of golf (or whatever your favorite show is at that time), and all the while not know what hit you, just quick and painless. This is among the many questions I am jotting down for God.
Katie,
I am so sorry. Am praying for your mom and dad. I know how hard it is to live so far away when your parents are extremely ill. Will pray for you in that regards also. My mother is on hospice now, so I know how hard it is to go through this tough time of seeing your parents so ill. God will provide the strength and security you need for each day; don't look too far into the future; relish each moment and each day.
Your sister in Christ,
Debbie Bomar
We'll be praying for your family. So sorry to hear about this--kind of a sad way to end your vacation, but I"m sure you were so glad to be here.
Thank you sweet friends for your comments, keep praying. We need every ounce!
Post a Comment