
Leslie has grown quite a bit in the month that we have been in Texas. Leslie began rolling over the day before the girls and I left, begining the road to independence that I am not ready for. Since then she has developed a little bit of mobility. Though she is not yet crawling the way you would imagine crawling, she is scooting around and getting into trouble. As I typed that last line, Leslie was getting into Lindsay's toys. Between rolling and scooting, Leslie can get around pretty quickly and anything in her reach is game. She has also begun sitting up pretty steady in the last week or so. Leslie's personality is coming out more each day. She is adventurous and definately a little demanding. At the same time, she seems to be developing a sense of humor. Since moving to Texas, Leslie has had a hard time developing a sleeping pattern. We had both girls in the second bedroom, but I was worried that leslie waking up at any time of the early morning would wake up Lindsay so we had Leslie set up on blankets in our room and then the living room. So instead of waking up Lindsay, she woke up Lance and I. Recently I discovered that Lindsay wouldn't wake up to a bomb, so we put Leslie in with Lindsay again and it seems to be working better. Leslie slept through the night last night for the first time since moving here!!
Lindsay has adjusted to life here. She had a hard time at first, we all did. But she has settled in to the new routine. She looks forward to Church and story time at the library. We are hoping to get into a playgroup soon. There are a lot of activities for kids her age here but most of them are expensive for us at this time. Unfortunately, since my accident, getting around is hard so we haven't been able to go to the park as much as we would like. Lindsay is watching the olympics with us and often pretends to ice skate. She loves to dance as well. This past Sunday, they made friendship tea in Sunday school, so as soon as we got home, Lindsay HAD to have a tea party. (Grandma Sandy, she was pretty upset that we couldn't go to your house and have a tea party) We set up a blanket and her plastic tea set and she and leslie had tea. Lindsay misses our friends and family a lot. Though she won't really talk to people on the phone she often calls John & Cole, Drew, Miss Kathy and Miss(she hasn't figured out mister yet) Kyle, Brooke and Payton and the grandparents and aunts and uncles on her "cell phone." She misses everyone as much as we do.
2 comments:
Thanks Katie for the great up date. We miss all of you too. Looking at the picture of Leslie sitting up reminds me of how quickly the grow and how much you miss when you do not see them.
Sorry about the Tea Party. Tell Lindsay I would have loved to been there for heres. I actually told Dad when I fly to Texas I am going to try to tuck the tea set into my suitcase.
I know it is hard Katie, but just remember we continue to pray for all of you. Love, Mom B
The girls do look bigger. Sadness! I miss them lots and look forward to our video chats. When is the next one??? We need to put those things to good use. Love you lots KT!!! Cole
Post a Comment