Saturday, August 19, 2006

We've got some updating to do.

I have not done an update on either of the girls in a while, so here we go.
Lindsay - Turned 3 recently and is really turning into a "big girl." She is independent and wants to do everything by herself. She loves to sing and tell stories - usually half out of made-up words. She is very helpful with her little sister and sometimes forgets that she is not the mommy. Since moving to our new house Lindsay has gotten her own room again and has chosen butterflies to decorate her room in. We are hoping to paint it pink because, as she will tell you, pink is her favorite color. Lindsay's favorite room in the new house is the gameroom. She loves to go up there and sing, play with her little people doll house and read stories to her mountain of stuffed animals (seriously, the stuffed animal thing is way out of hand!). Lindsay would love to play outside in our yard, but it has been way too hot do do that, even when the sun goes down. About the only thing that we do outside is swim at the pool, something that Lindsay is becoming more brave at. Lindsay is showing signs of missing people back in Washington. She talks about her grandparents often and her aunts and uncles and her special friends John and Cole, Mr. Kyle and Miss Kathy, and of course Drew and Brook and Payton. There is a little girl who lives about a block away that is about 6 months younger than Lindsay who Lindsay likes to play with and we have been going to playgroup once a week so that she gets some time with other kids.
Lindsay showing you her butterfly mobile over her bed

Leslie - Turned 1 right before we left Washington and is quickly showing off her "todlerness" if there is such a term. She is at that age where you can see her learning something new everyday. Since we have been back in TX (only 3 weeks) she has begun to sign. She signs more, all done, and please. Yesterday she picked up saying uh oh! Now she likes to drop things and she gets a surprised look on her face and says uh oh! She has had fun with the new gameroom too. She has decided it is fun to drop blocks from the gameroom into the living room below, something that we are going to have to get on top of. Speaking of on top, Leslie has been caught a few times now balancing herself on-top of Lindsay's coloring desk. She is certainly not afraid of much.
Leslie giving you "the look"

I know I say this all the time, but the girls are so much fun right now! I definately think that one of the blessings of Texas has been that since we are not as busy here, we spend a lot more time with our girls.
As for Lance and I, we are enjoying our new place. We love the new floorplan. It is wide open and well-used space. I love that I can hear the girls from pretty much anywhere in the house and that they have a special place where they can go and play. I also love that we have a special guest room for visitors and my crafting supplies. Lance's work has picked up since we returned and he is getting a lot more done in his new office.
A lovely guest bed for you to stay in when you come down to visit us!

We are starting to get connected in our new church. We came forward for membership last Sunday and are invloved in an "Experiencing God" study together on Wednesday nights. I have signed up for a bible study for mom's on Wednesday mornings. I have decided not to do Mops this year (or at least this semester) because it meets the same time as our Bible study on Wednesday nights and I am really excited about doing a study with Lance.
Before I sign off - if you haven't recieved our new contact info please let me know, I don't want to post it here for obvious reasons.
The view from upstairs looking over the kitchen and breakfast nook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear your updates on the girls - they are precious and from one who knows - they grow up really really fast - so enjoy while you can. The girls are really adorable - I loved their pictures on the Bauslugh family website. Your house looks gorgeous as well. Glad you have found a church - that was a real plus for us when we moved. Love and miss you. Aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

Was Leslie's milk spiked? Cole

Mitchell Scott said...

Looks nice!!!