Saturday, November 25, 2006

Giving Thanks

We have had a great Thanksgiving week. Gordie and Sandy came in on Monday and Debra on Wednesday. Monday night we traveled out to Paradise, TX to visit some friends of the Bauslaugh's, the Normans and their daughter Chanda's family (who also recently moved to TX). It was a great visit with some really great chili and pumpkin dessert. And I think they have the only view in Texas.
After picking Debra up, we all went to Dallas to see the sights. After having an early lunch at a good ol' Texas BBQ joint we decided to go to the Sixth Floor Museum in the Book Depository building at Dealy Plaza. It seemed unusually busy which we chalked up to the Thanksgiving week, but soon realized that it was the 22nd, duh! It was the 43rd anniversary of the assasination of JFK. We didn't even realize that until we were about to go on the tour of the floor. Then, we happened to be at the exact place that Lee Harvey Oswald was at the exact time on the exact day, 43 years later. If we had tried to plan it, we wouldn't have made it.
Thursday, the boys watched Detroit lose and Sandy and I worked on Thanksgiving dinner. It was my first real Thanksgiving dinner. I made most of the dishes from scratch. I was a little nervous, but I was real pleased with how it turned out.
Friday we went to Mckinney's A Dickens of a Christmas. Which was fun with all of the neat downtown stores and booths. And, to prove Kimberly Gibson wrong, it snowed in Texas!! They had snow machines running on the hour and the girls loved it, Leslie especially.
Today it was more football for the guys while the girls went shopping. Then tonight we went for a short visit to the Guthries.
Tomorrow is Church and then Gordie heads back followed by Sandy and Debra (to Chicago) on Monday. What a crazy week it has been, but lots of fun to have visitors.
YUM!!













Gordie was winning until he ended a game with all of these tiles!! He doubled his score!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your Thanksgiving - how fun to cook your first big turkey dinner - the pies looked to good to eat - did you have any left over? We had a great time at Linda, Gene, Steve and family. It was such a gorgeous weekend - didn't even have to wear coats - we even played minature golf on Saturday. Give the girls hugs - sure miss you guys. Aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

Okay see if you can find the typo -it should have been with instead of at - guess next time I need to proof-read eh? Have a great day. Aunt Chris (again)

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie and Lance, Thank you for a great week. Just went too fast but it was a lot of fun. We saw more than I expected. AND I can't say enough about the great Thanksgiving dinner. Katie, you did awesome! Much braver than I when it comes to trying new receipts. The dressing was wonderful as was the turkey. I'm sorry I did not get another piece of the frosty dessert. It was all so good. Thanks for a great time.