Leslie gave momma a little scare yesterday. She was standing on a chair in the kitchen and somehow (I didn't see the fall, just the landing) she managed to knock the chair over and she landed face down, noggin first on the hard tile floor. Normal bonks are not a concern usually, she has fallen on the tile before. But this time, the expected reaction did not come. She sucked in her breath for a big wale and it really ended up sounding a little more pathetic. Then the crying didn't stop, she wouldn't let us put her down, and she tried to close her eyes and fall asleep (nowhere near nap time) and her personality just disappeared. So, I walked her around and made sure she didn't go to sleep. I called the pediatrician just to get advice on what to look for. Before they could call back, she vomitted her breakfast. I know that is not a good thing after a bonk on the head so I called again and they told me to take her to the ER for a CAT scan. So after a little tears on my part I called Lance and had him come home. No sooner than we got Leslie in the car, she bagan to act more like herself again. She was playing peek a boo and giggling and smiling again. So we called and were able to get her in with a nurse at the ped instead of going to ER. We just kept watch over her through her nap and through the night. She is doing fine, other than a purple little knot on her head. After an hour ordeal, I am very glad that it was nothing serious. Whew!
4 comments:
So glad to that it wasn't anything serious, those falls can be scary sometimes. Your girls have gotten so BIG and so darn cute!!
WOW Katie. My heart goes out to you. Falls can be such a scary thing and oh how I remember a few. Glad to hear Leslie is doing good. We have had enough "excitement" for one week. I cried, just reading that she is back to being herself. Thank the Lord for His goodness! Mom
I can't even imagine the panick you must have felt. I am so glad that Leslie is doing better.zjeyla
Oh... so scary. I am so thankful she is okay. Praise God!
Post a Comment