Thursday, May 03, 2007

A gift from Lance and yucky storm.

So Lance is in Washington to start his new job. The first morning that he was gone (yesterday) we received a fun gift from him. It was a cookie bouquet. The girls were very excited, and we only have one full cookie left.
Last night the girls and I went to our usual Wednesday night church functions. The forecast wasn't good and I instinctively thought maybe we shouldn't go, but I went against that (plus I just wanted to get out of the house) and went to church. by the time we got to the parking lot is was raining pretty heavy but not windy. When it was time to leave you would have thought we were in a hurricane. The rain was completely horizontal and you couldn't get 2 steps out of the doors without being nearly soaked. After an attempt to get the car that left me completely soaked (I could have gotten in the shower with my clothes on and would not have been as wet as I was last night) I was standing in the lobby not knowing what to do when a friend's husband (who probably saw me running around the parking lot like a crazy person) took my keys from me and pulled our car up so we could load up. I wish that was the worst of it, but it wasn't. We drove home through the storm, later I found that it was probably the worst of the storm. I have never been driving in a storm like that. The streets were like rivers. I now understand how people get stuck in this kind of thing. You can't even see the high water because it all looks like high water. Anyway, I prayed our way home and was glad when we got home that the power was not out so we could pull right into the garage. I think that next time, I will have to trust my instincts and stay put!
I had typed all of the above before our outing today. I think I should report on our crazy day today as well. We went to a thankfully uneventful playgroup today and on our way home I decided to check out Old Navy, not to buy anything, just to look. Anyway, when we got back to the car I somehow hit the lock button on my key chain and then after putting Leslie in her car seat and grabbing keys I closed the door and went to the other side to put Lindsay in her seat. The door was locked and the keys in my hand were only house keys! So I tried all the other doors only to find that they, too, were locked. So without wasting a moment, I ran inside and called 911 and they came to get Leslie out. I was pretty proud of myself that aside from shaking, I kept pretty calm. Lindsay and I tried to entertain Leslie with peek a boo but she started to get a little miffed at us just before the EMS guys showed up. She was probably in there less than 15 minutes but she was pretty sweaty when we finally got to her. It was warm, but at least the sun was covered by overcast clouds at the time. Anyway, you can probably guess that I am really ready for Lance to be back!

I will add pictures of the cookie bouquet later, I am too tired to mess with it now, and I am headed to bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry KT! What a few rough bumps you have had while Daddy is away. Way to go Lance for thinking of your girls while you are away. :-)

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, I love that it always looks like Leslie is posing or giving a "hey I look cool" look at the camera.

Anonymous said...

WOW Katie. You had quite a time. Glad Lance is home safe and that you were able to get home from church as well as get Leslie out before she got to hot. You will have great stories to tell! Kind of like dad's black notebook. Always fun to look back and see all the things that go on. Love you.

Anonymous said...

They look so pleased with the cookies. What fun!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Debra's comment about Leslie. She would make a great hockey player, just her look would sucker other players into penalties. I love her look.

Eric and Julie Georgia said...

What is this I heard that Lance got a new job in Washington? I guess we have been out of the loop. Gordie, would not spill the beans and said I needed to ask you!