I guess now, I am going to have to stand up and say, "My name is Katie, and I am interested in geneology." There, I said it. As geeky as it sounds, I enjoyed researching our dead ancestors. Really, it is researching history, with a name and a face to it. My mother's family goes back to the Mayflower, so researching her family, means researching American history. I have always loved history, but I think this geneology stuff really makes history more interesting because you can place your family in a historical perspective. I really Geeked out! Anyway, here are some pictures from the last week, including my short visit with friends and family before I left for Ohio.
Lindsay and Leslie Scare Lily.
Mom, Jan and I at a gravestone, the guy that ook the picture wasn't really familiar with digital cameras, we were lucky to get this one. Milan, OH This guy lived next door to the Edison's when Thomas A. Edison was a young boy. Maybe he gave Edison the idea for the lightbulb??
Mom and I at a civil war veteren's gravestone in Athens, OH. We actually have a picture of this guy. He walked all the way to West Verginia to join up because Ohio was too slow to join the Union for him.
4 comments:
I think the interest in dead relitives happens when you become a mom. I have found myself more intested in my Grandma's stories about dead people since I had Leandra. It's something about passing down who you are and where you came from.
I totally agree!
Katie, can we say, "nerd-tastic?"
Dead is Cool if you are Alive!
Post a Comment