Saturday, September 22, 2007

Balloon fun!

Something we have discovered since moving to Texas is that hot-air balloons are not an uncommon sight. In Washington, we may catch them once or twice a year. In our part of Texas, it is possible to see them nearly every Saturday or Sunday and the occasional weekday during good weather. Anyway, today, we went to the Plano Balloon Festival with some friends from our small group. We had one of the best times we've had in Texas. It was quite exciting and we took lots of pictures so please bear with me and enjoy!

This is the common positon while balloon watching
Lindsay wasn't too excited about this picture but we thought it was cool.
After all the balloons that are going to take off, take off, the "Just for Looks" balloons come out and as the sun goes down they do something called a "glow" The bunny and the cow on the right are demonstrating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I have always wanted to go to a hot air balloon festival.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looked like a lot of fun. Great picturs and as always, good to see the girls, but where are you and Lance. Dad got to see a hot air balloon a couple of weeks ago. It was framed by the row of trees as he drove down 264th on his way to Meridian. Unfortuantely, it was gone by the time I followed in the other car.

Anonymous said...

This is the best! I remember going to one when I was a kid in Colorado. I would have to agree...one of my favorite times ever!
~Kathy
P.S. Is your house sold yet?