Thursday, May 29, 2008

NEW CHAPTER!

Two weeks ago I started a new job. I was not looking to leave Sterling Athletics, but I believe God had a bigger plan in store for us! I began a new chapter in my career/life/you name it two weeks ago!

I now work for a company called the Pursuant Group. The Pursuant Group began in 2001 and they specialize in online fundraising. Their client list ranges from Universities, non-profits, and parachurch organizations. However, I am coming on board to sell a brand new product to churches and non-profits nation wide. I am really excited about this product. It is called Unifyer. You can watch a two minute video at Unifyer but clicking the logo below.Unifyer is a web-base communication tool that, LORD willing, is going to revolutionize the way Churches "DO COMMUNITY"! Or more importantly the way a church communicates.

Unifyer allows the church to communicate in real-time at all levels of the church. We do this through empowering the church members to collaborate, join ministry feeds and start & join affinity groups they are most interested in. This might sound like a lot, but just think of a social network (like Facebook) for your church.....under your church's name. You are able to communicate with other church members in real time. While the social network is a neat part of Unifyer, the real importance is on this new wave of communication.

We have begun to ask ourselves, "what comes after email?"

If you are reading this, there is a good chance you also have a blog. Blogging is a nice way to communicate because I can post a picture or video and you can check it out when you want. You come back to our blog because you know us, or because you think our girls are cute and want to see the latest picture or video(sorry for not updating lately). Can you imagine a church or organization communicating through a series of blogs where you just click on the a blog of the next person and so on..... Unifyer allows all those blogs and content to be "umbrellaed" if you will, under the organization/church's name. Anytime someone updates a ministry with new information. Everyone who belongs to the ministry will get an email notification telling them there is new info for them to check out.

I am just rambling now, but the point is. We are no longer just using static websites and emails. WEB 2.0 has been here for a while! Check out this video!



We are the web! The church needs to realize that before it gets passed up. There is so much technology available to us and we need to use it! I am fired up.

I would be curious to hear what you think once you have watched the demo video from the Unifyer link above. We will have new content on the Unifyer website shortly (6/7 I hope). Content geared more to the Church.

Anyway, that is whats new here! Thanks for reading.

Lance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW Lance, No wonder dad and John seem so excited about the "Unifier" Great job! Mom