Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Christmas idea for Lindsay


If anyone needs an idea for Lindsay for Christmas, I might suggest a simple pad of paper. She is drawing us out of house and home here. If it's blank, she writes on it. It started pretty young, her first sketch pad goes back to when she was 18 months old. But since school started, she has become much more prolific. Lindsay has already gone through 2 sketch pads and countless sheets of printer paper. One pad is almost entirely in blue crayon, I call it her "blue period." We've kept some things (those neatly still in the sketchpads), but I have thrown away much of what she has scribbled on. I just can't keep everything. We would be drowning in paper if I had attempted to keep it all. So, if you want to please this 5 year old, get her a sketch pad! I don't think she can get too much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Lindsay is not a tree hugger.

Dad B

kristinelayne said...

remember those little static-cling drawing pads? You drew with the little pencil, and then were able to start all over by pulling the page up and then letting it fall back down? She needs one of those :)

Anonymous said...

Your Grammie JoAnn use to give us those static-cling drawing pads for Christmas when we were kids.

Yo Momma

Katie said...

I've given her all sorts of reusable tablets and those bore her after a while, she likes to draw a picture then improve upon it time after time.

Anonymous said...

Katie, I love to draw too. I still have my sketch pad from when I was much younger...still in school. I just bought a couple so I will have to make sure I get one to her. What fun! Sounds like you have a budding artist on your hands. mom b