Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This was definitely not my favorite

Took Lucy to get her second blood test at the hospital today. The worst part was not the hour and a half wait (apparently I showed up at lunch time, which I didn't know until I finally got in). It was the holding my baby down while she cried and seeing a needle stuck in her arm as her arm turned blue from the turniquet. It seemed to take forever for the 3 techs to get the blood they needed for all of the tests. I am sure it was only seconds but before it was over I thought I was going to revisit my lunch. It was excruciating to see her face as she looked at me pleading to save her from the mean needle lady. It was not my favorite, and I hope I never have to do that again, ever.

I hope to get the results of the tests in the next couple of days. I am confident that everything is fine, the Doctor just wants to rule out any problems, me too.

No comments: