Monday, April 10, 2006

I guess I better clarify...

So I guess I was a little excited about First Baptist. We have not decided that we are not going back to the first church (Fellowship of Frisco). We actually found out today that something we thought was a pretty significant problem was just a missunderstanding on our part. Please help us pray about this because it is pretty tough trying to discern right now. We are trying to choose between a church that is really like a church plant and an established church. Fellowship of Frisco as it is right now, is not a place we would like to be but may have the potential to be that place. Does that make any sense? It has been extremely hard to get involved and get to know anyone. We are making great efforts, but not much has come from those efforts. The preaching is great, what we hear from the pulpit is not so much what we see now, but maybe a vision for the future. The pastor has been at Fellowship for only a year, and in that time, he has had deal with a lot of pain left behind by the last pastor. So the question is, did God bring us to this church for a specific reason? On the other hand, First Baptist is a church we can see ourselves comfortable in right now. But, maybe just maybe, we are called to be uncomfortable for a while in order to further His kingdom. It is really hard for me because I need a network of friends. I don't expect it to be like it was at home, but I would like a way in, somehow. Right now the only women's ministry is a women's retreat at the end of the month that was too expensive. Since that is the only thing, it left me feeling like I have to wait another year to get to know any other women in the church. That is what we are dealing with here, no community. Lance and I have a strong background in community and we feel that we might be able to help in this area. The question is, does the church have a vision for that or are they just happy where they are? Anyway, God knows the end result. We just have to be patient.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Fellowship of Frisco Website: www.fellowshipoffrisco.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm picking up what your laying down" Praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

God will lead... and we will pray. Love you so much! The questions Dr. Friesen posed to us was, "What decision could you make that would further the kingdom more?" In decision making, he talks about basing our decisions on what holds more kingdom value. Hopefully I got that right. :-) But I loved the First Baptist website... they have a lot of great opportunities to serve and grow. Wish we could be there with ya checking things out. :-) Someday... Cole

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I recently used that formula in a recent decision. Ask me about it and I'll share with you... too long to write on a blog. :-) Cole again.