Friday, September 07, 2007

It is a ZOO in Texas!!

Tonight in about 20 minutes we saw fireflies, bunny rabbits, and our first TEXAS TARANTULA!!!! We did not have our camera with us, so this is my best shot with my phone in the dark with the headlights pointed at him. I was about four feet away with my arm extended out. Katie picked her feet up off of the van's floor boards, as if the spider had the power to jump through the van door. :-) The big spider was about the size of a softball. When we got home we were talking about our night and Lindsay said, "IT IS A ZOO IN TEXAS!!!"



Once we were home, we had another first! The TEXAS TWO YEAR OLD went potty on the big girl potty!!!! Here is a picture of her eating her candies for her reward.

4 comments:

LDraper said...

Most importantly... Nice work Leslie!!!! Keep earning those candies :)

And now.... AAAHHHHHHH! That's what I have to say about the spider. Ick, ick, ick.

Grammie Skogman said...

I have never seen a spider cast a shadow before!

To Leslie - keep up the good work.

Grammie S.

Anonymous said...

good point about the spider casting a shadow...Yuck!

Right on leslie!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Leslie! You're getting all grown up.

I think I would be with you Katie, lifting my feet up and wanting the door closed to move.